Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. May operate hand and or power tools of all types: shovels, picks, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. Spreads asphalt, gravel, and other materials. Lifts and carries materials, tools, and supplies. May clean tools, equipment, materials, and work sites, and clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials. May assist traffic control and other craft workers. Performs any and all other duties as necessary, but not otherwise specified. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Multilimb Coordination - The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while standing. It does involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness - The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Static Strength - The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Bend or Stoop: 30 Minutes
- Crouch: Occasionally
- Carry: 1 Hour
- Walk or Stand: 10 Hours per Shift
- Sit: 30 Minutes
- Frequently lift the following:
- 5-10 lbs.- Continuously
- 10-20 lbs.- Up to 10 Hours
- 20-50 lbs.- 4 Hour
- Over 50lbs. – Occasionally
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is required to stand for 10-12 hours; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Experience And Education:
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works around moving traffic and near moving mechanical parts. The employee works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to airborne particles and vibration. The employee is exposed to extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Asphalt equipment work experience preferred