Job Duties and Requirements:
- Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized conductors. Capable setting poles and anchors according to safety policies and specifications.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor.
- Capable of learning distribution voltages on a circuit. Must be familiar with induced voltage.
- Capable of learning to understand and read blueprints. Capable of assisting with inspecting and recognizing structural problems.
- Able to work productively from an aerial device.
- Able/willing to function within a Team environment and share knowledge with fellow crew members as appropriate.
- Able to work alone on de-energized lines. Capable of obtaining knowledge of wire stringing techniques.
- Capable of learning and understanding how to sag wire from structure or bucket.
- Able to assist with assembly and erect poles to all heights. Able to assist in framing and setting most basic line structures. Able to assist in framing a de-energized pole structure in the air.
- Able to assist with installing all types of compression connections.
- Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces.
- Capable of properly installing and removing PPE and cover up. Capable of properly inspecting rubber goods, covers and PPE.
- Must be able to climb different types of structures (wood, steel, etc.) and possess the necessary tools to do so.
- Understands how to tie various lineman knots. Capable of making up and using a hand line.
- Understands grounding procedures. Understands principles of proper equipment set-up.
- Able to identify different types of materials used in line work.
- Understands minimum approach distance.
- Understands flag and tag procedures.
- Capable of performing basic bucket rescue/escape.
- Able / willing to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
- Able / willing to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
- Able / willing to lift in excess of 50 lbs, when required.
- Able / willing to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.
- Able / willing to work Overtime, when required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The right candidate has to be able to pass a background check, physical exam, drug and alcohol testing.
PowerGrid Services, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. We do reserve the right to refuse to hire or discontinue the employment of undocumented workers.