Premier Service Company, Inc. is a full service electrical, heating, cooling and alarm contractor serving the commercial, industrial, and residential markets.
- Installs electrical wiring and instrumentation systems to support processing equipment. Uses time efficiently while assigned to multiple projects.
- When assigned, will work with outside electrical contractors working onsite to ensure and inspect work quality. In addition, will work with outside vendors to specify new equipment requirements.
- Troubleshoots diagnoses and corrects electrical problems in the power distribution, electrical equipment, instrumentation systems and lighting systems.
- Teach electrical fundamentals to new maintenance mechanics and Apprentice Electricians.
- Installs, removes, repairs, overhauls and tests electrical equipment, both alternating and direct current.
- Performs installation, removal and repair of a wide range of electrical equipment, such as power circuits, lighting systems, switchgear, transformers, starters, controllers, capacitors, production equipment power and control systems, electronic power and control and communication equipment.
- Diagnoses equipment failures and make necessary repairs while minimizing production down time.
- Demonstrates the ability to start flake drum from a cold start.
- Operates production and packaging equipment to check work as required.
- Performs mechanical work on electrical equipment.
- Works to meet current electrical codes and company policies and practices.
- Selects proper equipment size, wire and conduit sizes, breaker switch and fuse sizes from appropriate catalogs.
- Reads electrical and related blueprints and schematics.
- Demonstrates the ability to work from drawings, verbal instructions or sketches.
- Directs work and instructs other electricians, helpers and apprentices.
- Performs necessary mathematics to determine proper components and installation requirements.
- Completes routine paperwork as required, follows lockout/tag out safety procedures, utilizes confined space permits. Utilizes proper rigging techniques.
- Must comply with all safety regulations, attend safety meetings and follow all plant and safety rules.
- Follows all good manufacturing practices as set up by the company policy.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager and/or Lead.
- Takes charge in the absence of the Maintenance Manager and/or Lead.
- 2 years of trade school
- 5 years’ experience in maintenance.
- Skills to use all necessary tools both manual and power.
- Read mechanical, electrical and related blueprints as well as work from drawings, verbal instructions or sketches.
- Paid Training
- Great Team Atmosphere
- Vacation Pay
- 401 K
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Competitive Pay based on experience