G.A. West & Co. Inc., employs as many local personnel as possible with relation to the construction project location. Whatever the skyline, building or experience that first sparked your interest in construction, we are pleased that you are interested in G.A. West.
Every G.A. West project starts with a team of dedicated employees. We are looking for individuals who are eager to develop their skills and apply them together to create the buildings where people play, work, learn and live. Because our success depends on the experience and quality of our team members, we focus on attracting and retaining the best people.
We’d love to have you be a part of our team!
Crane Operators will operate one or more cranes to move heavy equipment from one location to another location. This position will need to be able to operate crawler cranes.
- Must have current National Commission for the certification of crane operators ( NCCO ) credentials for the appropriate type of crane and current DOT physical.
- Must have 5+ years experience as a Crane Operator.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Will be responsible for all safety aspects of operating the equipment.
- Must have basic mechanical knowledge and illustrate the abilities to inspect equipment.
- Must be able to illustrate load planning and lift planning.
- Must know all proper hand signals.
- Must be willing to assist in other duties while not operating a crane.
- Must be able to follow instructions correctly.
- Must be reliable, accountable, and consistent in performing administrative processes such as but not limited to equipment inspection paperwork.
- Must be willing and able to follow all instructed safety regulations.
- Must be able to make it to work on time and work the designated schedule and any overtime as needed with the proper notification.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.