The Electrical Service Apprentice is responsible for assisting the Electrical Service Technician in accurately diagnosing and repairing electrical systems and equipment in residential and/or commercial structures as outlined in the responsibilities and duties listed below. Ideal candidates will have some basic knowledge of residential and commercial electrical systems and equipment, codes, and proper installation procedures.
Under the direction of the Electrical Service Technician, the Electrical Service Apprentice will perform and/or assist in the following:
- Diagnose and repair any and all brands of electrical systems equipment
- Read specs and understand wiring diagrams for electrical systems and equipment
- Test electrical devices, breakers, circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Test and install electrical devices, panels, lighting fixtures and other electrical equipment.
- Install conduit, wiring, MC and NM cables to form a complete circuit.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between the panels and equipment according to the wiring diagram, using an electrician’s hand tools.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Inspect and test systems to verify compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Knowledge of residential and commercial codes and proper application; knowledge of proper electrical safety.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians’ and customers’ needs.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures.
- 1 year of residential and/or commercial electrical experience within an electrical service company.
- Possess the ability and desire to learn the knowledge and skills required of the Electrical Service Technician.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Possess or obtain the required hand tools.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Paid Training
- Great Team Atmosphere
- Vacation Pay
- 401 K
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Competitive Pay based on experience