Job Duties and Requirements:
- Provide direct supervision & technical guidance to Linemen, Apprentices and Groundmen performing maintenance & construction on all electrical transmission and associated equipment projects.
- Responsible for coordinating essential personnel on-site for the project to include crew mobilization.
- Communicate, demonstrate and enforce safety requirements and best practices.
- Possess comfort level with using new technologies (mobile devices/apps) and/or show willingness to learn. Such tools are bringing Jobsite access to improved information and efficiencies.
- Manage supplies, materials and equipment.
- Assist with planning, directing and budget activities concerned with the construction of a pole line and other electrical material and equipment used for distribution line construction projects.
- Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings, and scopes of work.
- Communicate directly with General Foremen, Superintendents, Construction Managers, Project Managers, Line Crews and other project personnel as required.
- Understand and follow detailed construction schedules.
- Possess High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints and scopes of work
- Able to coordinate & collaborate effectively with multiple levels within company...from fellow field professionals to back office support functions.
- Willing to travel and work away from home.
- Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks, trenchers, and groundwork with utility crews is required.
- Ability to work at heights up to and above 60 feet preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, demonstrate & encourage teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace.
- Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimal Customer Service.
- Be willing/able to work additional hours, when required.
- Be willing/able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
- Have total commitment to safety and compliance.
- Capable of performing basic bucket rescue/escape.
- Able / willing to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
- Able / willing to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
- Able / willing to lift in excess of 50 lbs, when required.
- Able / willing to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.
- Able / willing to work Overtime, when required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The right candidate has to be able to pass a background check, physical exam, drug and alcohol testing.
PowerGrid Services, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. We do reserve the right to refuse to hire or discontinue the employment of undocumented workers.