Plan, implement and supervise project safety, accident and fire protection programs in compliance with corporate safety program standards on all job sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recognize and Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee and subcontractor activities through safety management and contacting supervisory personnel.
• Conduct work area surveillance inspections, air sampling tests, property damage and conduct personal injury investigations. Issue confined area entry and “hot work” permits as required.
• Document all accidents, safety violations, unsafe conditions/activities and determine root cause analysis.
• Conducts hazard assessment of activities and determine corrective actions and PPE necessary to minimize exposure.
• Review documentation to insure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures and implement appropriate corrective action as required.
• Accompany all safety, health and insurance personnel during inspections.
• Assist corporate program by crafting and implementing employee safety orientation training programs.
• Works in extreme warm environments.
• Walks long distances over rough and/or variable terrain.
• Photographs site conditions.
• Must be able to drive motor vehicle in performance of duties.
• Conducts classroom and field training of project personnel.
• Climbs to heights on equipment and platforms.
Education and Experience:
Four year occupational safety/health degree or equivalent combinations of training and related experience. CSP, CSHM, CIH or similar professional certification highly preferred. Provide documentation for at least 10 years of safety management experience on heavy civil construction projects. Proficient in developing, interpreting, and enforcing company safety and health processes and procedures to include OSHA 1926 construction regulations. Thorough understanding of and ability to enforce all federal, state, local, and company regulations.
Job ID 2016-1326
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US - AL - Florence
Posted Date 3/24/2016