Our Client is looking for a talented and energetic Maintenance Manager. This role will manage the maintenance of the plant facility, equipment and grounds to ensure continual operation and upkeep.
- Manage project engineer to improve/develop maintenance processes
- Manages personnel involved with maintenance, repair and servicing of plant facility, equipment, and grounds.
- Monitors and tracks all maintenance costs including, but not limited to, spares use by functional area, utilities, down time, waste, fuel and emissions.
- Ensures appropriate level of spare parts inventory in conjunction with Purchasing Manager. Manages weekly reporting on spares cost by plant functional area, number of zero item spares, as well as the spares cost of planned vs. reactive maintenance
- Manages maintenance MRO stores, ensures four full inventory cycle counts per annum.
- Ensures calibration of all equipment
- Develops and directs preventative maintenance programs for all plant and ancillary equipment and researches ways to run equipment more efficiently and reduce equipment downtime
- Develops weekly maintenance management reports including but not limited to, percentage of actual maintenance activities completed vs. planned, total number of reactive maintenance activities. Total equipment breakdown downtime hours
- Ensures training as required to maintain necessary technical and mechanical skills.
- Ensures safe and healthful working conditions and an organized work environment and conducts regular safety meetings.
- Coaches and reviews performance of direct reports.
Education & Knowledge:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with a bachelor’s degree preferred. Knowledge of industrial maintenance procedures and construction preferred.
- At least 5 - 8 years of experience in electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and/or electronic equipment and systems.
- At least 3 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Core competencies include strong communication and problem solving skills, data analysis and interpretation, decision making, and ability to prioritize.
- Good computer skills in excel spreadsheets and databases.