G.A. West & Co. Inc., employs as many local personnel as possible with relation to the construction project location. Whatever the skyline, building or experience that first sparked your interest in construction, we are pleased that you are interested in G.A. West.
Every G.A. West project starts with a team of dedicated employees. We are looking for individuals who are eager to develop their skills and apply them together to create the buildings where people play, work, learn and live. Because our success depends on the experience and quality of our team members, we focus on attracting and retaining the best people.
We’d love to have you be a part of our team!
- Assist Millwright Journeyman in the performance of their duties and to be successful must be able to read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures, to construct foundations for and to assemble, dismantle and overhaul machinery and equipment using hand and power tools.
- Millwrights are required to move, assemble and install machinery and equipment.
- Must be able to work on shafting, precision bearings, gear boxes, motors, clutches, conveyors, and tram rails.
- Must be able to use hoists, pulleys, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Must have good understanding of fluids mechanics and components involved in these processes, such as valves, cylinders, pumps and compressors.
- Must have thorough knowledge of the load bearing capabilities of the equipment they work on as well as understanding of blueprints and technical instructions.