Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring contractors on site construction activities and inspecting materials produced.
- Ensure compliance with plans, specifications and special provisions for the construction contract.
- Maintain detailed records of the contractors daily quality operations and events that affect the worksite.
- Perform sampling and testing of component materials and completed work in accordance with the construction contract.
- Enter QC Plans, addendums, test results, and checking sample data.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to interact with individuals at any level of the organization (i.e. plant production personnel, area managers, contractors, and agency representatives).
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently.
- Prepare various QC reports and formulate specific recommendations to resolve or correct quality issues; and work with outside venders, agencies, and customers on a variety of quality related issues.
Education and Experience:
This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Quality Control Manager. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. One (1) or two (2) years of college or equivalent (e.g. trade school, specialized training)or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.