Phillips & Jordan is a privately held, woman owned heavy civil and infrastructure contractor established in 1952. Our Core Values and Priorities – Integrity, Safety, Quality, and Production – guide our daily business practices. Phillips & Jordan is committed to a “Zero Incident Philosophy” that entails no harm to person, property, the environment, or our reputation. We focus on 3 primary service areas: Heavy Civil Construction (Power Generation, Water Resources, and Industrial & Commercial), Right-of-Way Access & Construction (Power Delivery and Pipeline Services), and Disaster Response.
Phillips & Jordan is a national contractor that is registered to do business in all 50 states, currently has a workforce of approximately 1,200 employees, and owns and operates an extensive fleet of heavy and specialized pieces of equipment. Headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, Phillips & Jordan maintains regional offices in California, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas. At Phillips & Jordan our greatest resource is our employees and we are proud to have many second and third generation employees that have chosen to build their careers with Phillips & Jordan.
Phillips & Jordan is a proven innovator, a proven leader, and a proven solution in the industry, and has built a reputation for taking on some of the most challenging and difficult projects and successfully completing them on, or even ahead of, schedule. Phillips & Jordan employs a top notch workforce and we are always in need of new employees who are dependable professionals with experience in the construction industry, and who are safety conscious individuals that have a positive can do attitude, work well with others, and want to advance their careers.
Join the Phillips & Jordan team today and become a valued member of our company.
This position is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, and managing onsite construction engineering activities for large, extensive projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Track project quantities
• Generate project billing
• Initiate and negotiate change orders
• Generate CAD drawings and present solutions to owners for design problems that arise in the field
• Review plan changes
• Assist with work plans
• Assist with project schedules
• Manage submittal data
• Manage material purchase orders
• Manage and negotiate subcontracts
• Assist in division field personnel management
• Assist field personnel in any capacity to handle any problems that may arise
• Work with Project Superintendents, Foreman, and Crews to perform work more effectively
• Attend pre-construction meetings
Project Engineers may supervise up to five employees and supervise field crews and subcontractors in the absence of the supervisor/foreman.
• Must be willing to relocate.
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong work ethic
• Able to multitask and work independently under pressure and tight deadlines
Education and Experience:
• Four year engineering degree or equivalent technical training and related experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines
• Registration as a Professional Engineer is valuable