Premier Service Company, Inc. is a full service electrical, heating, cooling and alarm contractor serving the commercial, industrial, and residential markets.
The Residential HVAC Technician is responsible for accurately diagnosing and repairing HVAC equipment in residential and/or commercial structures. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of HVAC equipment, codes, and proper installation procedures.
- Diagnose and repair any and all brands of HVAC equipment
- Read specs and understand wiring diagrams for HVAC equipment
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using a pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Join pipes or tubing to the equipment and to the fuel, water, or refrigerant source in order to form a complete circuit.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between the controls and equipment according to the wiring diagram, using an electrician’s hand tools.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats, and timers, using hand tools.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Inspect and test systems to verify compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Knowledge of HVAC codes and proper application; knowledge of proper electrical and HVAC safety.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians’ and customers’ needs.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures.
- 1 year of HVAC field experience.
- EPA Certified
- Valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical customers.
- Paid Training
- Great Team Atmosphere
- Vacation Pay
- 401 K
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Competitive Pay based on experience
Thank you for reviewing our opportunity, for immediate consideration please click the Apply button above.