- Work within the maintenance department assuming responsibility for all aspects of the requisition and purchasing of maintenance equipment, parts, and supplies for Golden Flake utilizing the EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) system. Monitor and adjust inventory levels to sustain adequate stock. Work with Service POs for work performed by outside contractors. Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Responsible for quality and food safety tasks for their position.
- Generate requisitions in EAM for all maintenance equipment, parts, and supply purchases.
- Solicits and reviews vendor quotations for all parts not included in automatic re-order point reports.
- When needed, has the ability to receive, label, and stock parts notifying the requisitioners of received shipments.
- Works with department supervisors to adjust inventory levels to minimum sustainable levels.
- Create purchase orders and associated work order for outside contractor services – Service POs.
- Review opportunities to consolidate vendors, negotiate pricing, and reduce maintenance costs.
- Provide direction and support to the maintenance parts clerk.
- Provide maintenance reporting through EAM
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required to wear non-slip shoes and appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Interpersonal skills needed to work within the maintenance group and negotiate with vendors
- Must be capable of making sound purchasing and business decisions
- Position requires strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Flexible and resourceful to locate and requisition non-stock items to facilitate timely repairs
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office programs and the Infor Enterprise Asset Management system (EAM)
- Must be capable of lifting 40 pounds.
- Must have the ability to operate a fork lift.