Capital Refrigeration has been serving central Alabama since 1946 and is a premier provider of HVAC and Mechanical construction and service. In 2016, Capital Refrigeration and H&M Mechanical, Inc merged.
H&M Mechanical is a leader in the mechanical systems and services industry, providing our commercial, industrial and institutional customers with engineering, fabrication, piping, plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, controls, design, maintenance, repair, and building automation for facility operations. Being part of the largest Mechanical/Plumbing contractor in the United States, we have an unlimited amount of resources we can utilize when necessary. Also, the financial stability of Comfort Systems USA is unparalleled in the industry, which is reassuring in this time of economic uncertainty. However, our most important asset is our employees. Most of our key field and office personnel have over 30 years of experience in their respective trades, most of that time with H&M Mechanical, Inc. Their wealth of experience combined with the desire to provide the highest possible quality of work safely, honestly and with integrity for our customers is key to our success.
What we’ll offer you
- Competitive wages
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance
- Life and accidental death insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability insurance
- Paid holidays and personal leave
- Opportunities for career growth, training and development
SHEET METAL MECHANICS
What you’ll do
- Locate and mark dimensions per plans, specifications and shop drawings.
- Fabricate duct onsite to include miter and alterations to shop fabricated duct.
- Use hand tools and portable power tools in the installation of joints of duct such as slide and drive, TDF, snap lock, and other assemblies as required.
- Lay out and install duct-work, hangers, fire dampers, manual dampers, and other components associated with the HVAC system.
- Lay out openings and coordinates with other trades.
- Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance with job requirements and industry standards.
- Erect and install equipment such as air handling units, VAV boxes, fan power boxes, and others as required.
- Load and unload construction materials from trucks and into buildings.
- Maintain good housekeeping and a safe work area (including company vehicle).
- Teach, coach and provide direction to apprentices and helpers to work safely, deliver quality, and work productivity.
- Work safely, encourage others to do so, and comply with applicable health and safety-related rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Represent our company in a professional manner at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by job-site supervision or Supervisor.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of three (3) years industry experience.
- Basic knowledge of International Mechanical Code (IMC), SMACNA and OSHA safety regulations.
- Able to install work from drawings, submittals and specifications.
- Able to read and understand project related documents in the English language.
- Knowledge of basic construction/shop math (addition, subtraction, division, fraction, and multiplication).
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Work easily and skillfully with hands.
- Maintain a positive attitude and willing to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal diplomatically with coworkers other tradesmen.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and able to safely drive a company vehicle.
- Drug testing and current US work authorization required
- Good vision (either naturally or with correction).
- Ability to wear personal protection equipment such as hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, fall protection, safety shoes, high visibility vest and others as required.
- Physically capable of working with hands and legs with frequent moderate lifting of objects up to 50 lbs and occasional heavy lifting. All employees are expected to use good judgment while performing physical job requirements and aware of their own personal physical limitations. Heavy lifting may require the use of material lifting equipment, personnel assistance, or additional help as necessary.
- There will be frequent pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, kneeling, stooping, crouching, standing, reaching, walking, and climbing of ladders and stairs.
- Working at heights will be required; must be able to maintain balance.