Job Duties and Requirements:
- Performs various manual tasks in the construction & maintenance of overhead power lines.
- Assemble materials on the ground and hoist them into the work area using handlines.
- Assist other crew members filling pole holes and trench using a shovel.
- Flag traffic and set up job sites as directed.
- Maintain organization of tools and materials on work vehicles.
- Clean up and organize job sites at completion of work.
- When aptitude is demonstrated and work allows, will receive training in the operation of some trucks, light equipment and tools.
- Will receive training in safety, first aid and other related topics.
- Willing to obtain CDL’s.
- Able / willing to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
- Able / willing to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
- Able / willing to lift in excess of 50 lbs., when required.
- Able / willing to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.
- Able / willing to work Overtime, when required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The right candidate has to be able to pass a background check, physical exam, drug and alcohol testing.
PowerGrid Services, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. We do reserve the right to refuse to hire or discontinue the employment of undocumented workers.