- AL |
- Jobs |
- Vegetation Management - Coordinator
Vegetation Management - Coordinator
- Safeguard employees and the public from hazards in the work area. Establish safety barriers to protect the public.
- Receives and interprets tree trimming and spraying orders from a General Foreperson or Line Clearance Supervisor of the utility, which requires the understanding of drawings and symbols representing lines, voltages, line equipment, etc.
- Assigns work to crews and insures crews are working according to the acceptable line clearance practices.
- Obtains oral or written permission from property owners to trim or remove trees and apply herbicides. Discusses issues such as obtaining access, power interruption, work to be done, etc., with customer or property owner. Discusses responsibility for apparent damage to property, repairs minor damage, and refers controversial cases to the General Foreman.
- Maintain accurate records for crew performance and timesheets. Maintain work orders and other crew reporting responsibility.
- Manage crew costs and ensure effective work methods are followed.
- Use hand spray equipment to spray stumps to prevent future growth.
- Manage DOT maintenance and inspections for all required vehicles.
- Service and maintain tools and equipment.
- Willing to help train new employees.
- Work safely in close proximity to energized power lines.
- Ability to work in various climates and weather conditions.
- Work from varying heights and unstable terrain.
- Safely operate company tools and equipment.
- Work in an area where there are potential falling limbs.
- Must have the ability to repair minor damages to customer property and/or public property due to damage incurred from tree trimming work.
- Must be trained in tree and bucket rescues.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must have good hand eye coordination.
- Must have the ability and knowledge to repair tools and equipment as needed.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver up to fifty pounds.
- Must be able to work with hands above your head for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk, climb and work from various heights. Perform tree trimming work in uneven, slippery and unfavorable weather conditions.
- Must be able to work long hours, possible overtime and holidays.
- Subject to be on call for work that is needed (for example: storms).
- Must be able to enter and exit vehicles numerous times a day.
- Must be able to wear PPE.
- Must be able to work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to perform work and withstand exposure to all types of weather. (for ex. Heat, rain, sun, cold, snow)
- Must be able to work exposed to various things in nature (for ex. Stinging/biting insects, irritating plants, and dust)